Köniz from Switzerland beat Mlada Boleslav from Czech Republic with 9-2 in the bronze game of Champions Cup. Jan Zaugg played a huge role for his team in the game with his 3 goals and 2 assist.
How did it feel to play today?
– It was very different than to play yesterday against Classic. We had more space today. They weren’t so aggressive in their defense like Classic was. We were able to create more opportunities and we were very efficient in today’s game.
What do you think of your performance today?
– In the beginning it felt kinda good but somehow I stopped playing. I don´t know why that happened, maybe I was a little bit tired after yesterday when we played a lot on two lines against Classic. Overall it was a good performance from me.
How good does it feel to play a medal home to Switzerland?
– Of course our goal was to win the gold medal but it would have felt bad to not bring any medal home at all. We have to be happy with the bronze.
What needs to be done for the Swiss teams in order to be able to compete with the best teams from Sweden and Finland?
– I think we need to be more brave. We have to realize that we aren’t that much worse than the Swedish and the Finnish players. We need to play with more courage. I think we have to do the things we do at home in Switzerland against better opponents from Sweden and Finland. We need to believe in ourselves that we can beat them.
What do you think of the tournament experience overall?
– It was a great experience for us. This was the first time for Floorball Köniz in the Champions Cup. I think it was a great experience for the players that haven’t played so much on international level. We will take this experience with us home to the Swiss League.Join the Floorball Worldwide Facebook Group