Classic won their semifinal kinda comfortable against the Swiss champions Köniz with 7-1. Juha Kivilehto had this to say after the game.
What do you think about the semifinal against Köniz?
– It was a decent performance from us. It wasn´t a very good game from us but we did what we had to do to win, says Classic veteran Juha Kivilehto to Floorballtoday.
What do think about the new Champions Cup format?
– It´s the four best teams from the top four floorball countries in the world playing here now. At the same time it would have been fun to face the teams that you used to face earlier in the old European Cup. Now it´s only two games so you really need to be ready from the start. It´s always fun to play those type of games.
How are you going to do in order to win the final?
– Everything needs to be better especially our defense has to be better if we want to win tomorrow. We only let in one goal today but our goalie was pretty good today.
How much would it mean to win the Champions Cup?
– It would mean a lot. I have not won the Champions Cup before and my team has not won it either. We have won twice in a row now with Finland in the World Championship so maybe it is our turn to win Champions Cup with Classic here in Gävle.
Is it hard to be motivated after the gold medal in Prague?
– It was not hard to be motivated for Champions Cup but it was pretty hard to play our first games in the Finnish league I have to admit. It was not easy but we won all our games in the league and now we are here in Sweden to play in the final.