Swiss National League A

Favorites getting closer at the top of the ranking (Recap Swiss NLA)

Image: WaSa Press

Last weekend another round of floorball has been played in Switzerland. With twelve points out of five games, three teams are all on top of the ranking.

More than a week ago the round started off with Wiler-Ersigen defeating Kloten-Bülach Jets. While competition leader Wiler-Ersigen played its games at the Champions  Cup, GC Zürich took the chance to move up to first place by beating Alligator Malans 4-7. After two periods the score still was 4-4, but then Fabrice Göldi scored twice and helped his team to get to the final score of 4-7. The team has won 4/5 games now and has a goal difference of +25. Waldkirch-St. Gallen is having a fantastic start of the season by winning yet another game, this time against HC Rychenberg. It was the third period that gave them the three points as the team scored no more than five times in the last twenty minutes. With fifteen minutes left to play WaSa was 5-3 behind, but they managed to turn it around, winning the game 5-7 and moving up to 4th place. HCR is at 6th place with eight points.

Chur nearly doubled its amount of points by defeating UHC Thun 8-5 – but it wasn’t specifically easy. The visitors took the lead three times, but right before the end of period 2 Chur managed to find the gap. In period 3 the 4-3 score got increased to the final 8-5 result. Thun is at 12th (last) place with three points in total.

Two games on Sonday: Tigers vs. Zug and Köniz vs. Uster. The Tigers’ start of the season could’ve been better, but they have found the way up. Defeating Zug, however, became a hard task: Zug took a 1-4 lead and seemed to dominate the game – but then the Tigers woke up. Seven goals in a row led to an 8-4 score. Two more goals from Zug couldn’t change anything anymore, helping Tigers Langnau move up to 5th place. In the last game of the weekend, Köniz and UHC Uster played a fantastic battle with fifteen goals in total. Uster (11th place) desperately needed some points and they fought for it. It got them in the lead for more than half of the game, but Köniz got back from 2-5 to 7-5. With a last-minute equalizer, Uster got itself a point, but Köniz took the last one in overtime: 8-7.

To Top